As of March 2008, our name has changed from Abyss Guitar Company to Pederson Custom Guitars. Our limited lifetime warranty (as defined below) applies to all of our guitars, whether they are branded with the Abyss Guitar Company nameplate or with Pederson Custom Guitars namplate.
Pederson Custom Guitars (formerly Abyss Guitar Company) is very proud of the high-end quality work done here and we do stand behind our workmanship. The guitar has a limited lifetime non-transferable warranty to the original owner.
This warrants that the guitar will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, subject to the limitations contained herein.
The warranty is extended to the original purchaser only and may not be transferred or assigned to and following owners or purchasers. In order for the original purchaser to validate any warranty claims you must fill out the warranty card within 30 days (thirty days) following the time you receive your guitar; determined or verified by the shipping label receipt and or Pederson Custom Guitar shipping validation.
The warranty does not cover:
- Any instrument worked on by the customer
- Unauthorized repair services done by any repairman
- Any instrument that has been altered in any way by the customer or a repariman
- Any instrument where the serial number has been removed
- Any instrument not directly purchase from Pederson Custom Guitars (formerly Abyss Guitar Company)
- Any instrument that has not had the warranty card sent back to the factory within 30 days
- Any damage due to accident, negligence or misuse
- Shipping damage of ANY kind
- Normal “wear and tear,” including but not limited to color fading, discoloration or damage to the original finish, worn frets, strings, tuners, hardware and plating including but not limited to gold hardware.
- Any instrument that has be subjected to extremes of humidity and heat or temperature
- Any factory installed electronics or hardware
Pederson Custom Guitars (formerly Abyss Guitar Company) makes no express warranty of any kind whatsoever. All implied warranties are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty.
Pederson Custom Guitars (formerly Abyss Guitar Company) shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar damage suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss or profits or business or damage resulting from use or performance of the instrument, whether in contract or in tort, even if we have been advised of such damages. Pederson Custom Guitars (formerly Abyss Guitar Company) shall not be liable for any expenses, claims or suits, arising out of or relating to any of the forgoing
If the guitar malfunctions due to faulty materials and workmanship, at the sole discretion of Pederson Custom Guitars (formerly Abyss Guitar Company) , we may repair the guitar without charge.
All shipping and insurance charges, including any perceived “collector” value, are the sole responsibility or the original owner/purchaser.
Once the guitar arrives at the factory we will determine whether the defect is covered under the terms of this warranty. If it is found to be covered under the warranty, the repair will be done at no cost to the purchaser/original owner. If the repair is not covered under the warranty, you will be given an estimated cost to repair the issue (to the original owner/purchaser).
This warranty applies to the USA and Canada.